Preparing You for a Healthy Pregnancy
When preparing for pregnancy, you naturally want to have the best experience for you as a couple and for your baby. Getting mummy and daddy in a peak state of health before conception improves the potential to conceive and maintain a pregnancy full term.
For couples experiencing difficulty conceiving or for those simply wanting to be in an optimal physical condition before trying for a baby, we offer a safe and nurturing space as you embark on your fertility journey.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy with Essential Oils
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is a non-invasive, evidence-based, adjunct therapy designed to support you on your own individual fertility journey. At Babies Bliss, we enhance the therapy by infusing specially blended essential oils for an additional soothing experience.
How HBOT Supports Your Journey To Conceive
There are many health factors that can affect fertility in both mummy and daddy. Inflammation, tissue damage and poor blood circulation can play a part as well as issues directly with the female or male reproductive system. HBOT works in support of your existing medical fertility programme to improve your body’s systems and, in turn, your chances of conceiving.
Preparing Your Reproductive System
HBOT helps to get your reproductive system in the best health before you try for a baby by:
- Increasing the production of new blood vessels, which in turn improves blood flow to your reproductive organs, allowing them to function better
- Reducing inflammation in the body, which improves the efficiency of your reproductive system
- Repairing tissue damage within your reproductive system
- Increasing oxygen saturation to provide your body with cellular energy and promote better sleep
Supporting Egg and Uterus Health
HBOT helps to improve the health of the female reproduction system by:
- Increasing endometrial thickness, which is vital for successful implantation. HBOT does this by increasing blood flow and oxygen supply.
- Preventing and reducing uterine scarring to improve the environment for a successful pregnancy
- Improving ovarian function by increasing blood flow inside the ovaries, which in turn improves the quality and quantity of egg production.
- Reduces inflammation caused by endometriosis and PID, increasing your chances of a successful pregnancy
Supporting Male Reproductive Health
HBOT helps to improve the health of the male reproduction system by:
- Balancing the pH of sperm and reducing fructose concentration, which affects motility and velocity. HBOT has also been seen to improve a man’s HOS score, the test that evaluates the integrity and vitality of sperm cells.
- Improving erectile function by improving blood flow and supporting the growth of new blood vessels to restore tissue
- Helping to repair damage to blood vessels caused by cancer treatments such as radiation. HBOT can help regrow blood vessels, allowing sperm production to improve.
What To Expect With HBOT
The number of sessions you will need will depend on your physical condition. This could range from 5 sessions onwards.
During Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
You will lie down in the hyperbaric chamber for a session that typically takes 1 hour. The air pressure will be about 2 to 3 times higher than normal air pressure and this will give you a temporary feeling of fullness in your ears, just like being on an aeroplane. No need to worry, just pinch your nose, close your mouth and exhale, or simply swallow some saliva to ease pressure!
After Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Blood flow and circulation brings oxygen enriched blood all over our body. In high pressured oxygenated environments, our tissues are flushed with high levels of oxygen and we are able to enjoy benefits such as better sleep and rest, increased in energy levels.
Find out if HBOT is suitable for you.
Book a consultation